anti-Adiponectin mouse monoclonal, A-492, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA and IHC
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Synonym||Adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein, Adipocyte complement-related 30 kDa protein, ACRP30, Adipocyte, C1q and collagen domain-containing protein, Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 protein, apM-1, Gelatin-binding protein, ADIPOQ, ACDC, ACRP30, APM1, GBP28|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
A-492 reacts with adiponectin, an adipocytokin. Adipocytokines are hormones produced in adipose tissue. Adiponectin is abundantly present in plasma and has an insulin like effect on glucose levels in the blood. Plasma adiponectin levels are found in insulin resistant patients who are obese, have diabetes mellitus type 2 or HIV-lipodystrophy. In women adiponectin levels tend to be higher than in men, which may be due to androgens suppressing adiponectin levels. Furthermore, adiponectin and leptin are both indicated in regulating body weight through direct action on the hypothalamus, influencing appetite. Obese people have low adiponectin levels while levels in anorexia patients are high. Adiponectin acts as ligand for various receptors, two of which have been identified, one probably involved in carbohydrate assimilation, the other in tuning the rate of metabolism.
Positive control: human plasma, HeLa cells or kidney.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.