anti-Clathrin mouse monoclonal, CHC 5.9, lyophilized, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with amphibia, bovine, human, pig and rat
- Isotype: IgM
|Purification||Size exclusion chromatography|
|Reactivity||Amphibia, Bovine, Human, Pig, Rat|
|Storage before reconstitution||2-8°C until indicated expiry date|
|Storage after reconstitution||Up to 3 months at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Coated vesicles (clathrin) of bovine brain|
|Concentration||100 µg/ml after reconstitution with 1 ml dist. water
|Formulation||Lyophilized; reconstitute in 1 ml dist. water (final solution contains 0.09% sodium azide, 0.5% BSA in PBS buffer, pH 7.4)|
|UniprotID||P49951 (Bovine), Q00610 (Human), A0A5G2R4Y7 (Pig), P11442 (Rat)|
|Synonym||Clathrin heavy chain 1, Clathrin heavy chain on chromosome 17, CLH-17, CLTC, CLH17, CLTCL2, KIAA0034|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:10|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:100-1:500|
CHC5.9 represents an excellent marker for detection of receptor mediated endocytosis.
Reactive polypeptide: Mr 180 kDa polypeptide (clathrin heavy chain) from coated vesicles of various tissues.
Structures and tissues specifically detected: Coated vesicles of different organs and tissues (eg brain, mammary gland, ovaries).
Reactivity on cultured cell lines: HeLa, SV-40, RVF-SMC
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- For Cells: wash with PBS + 2 mM MgCl2 and 1.5 mM CaCl2 for stabilization of the nucleus.
- Fix tissue sections/cells for 5 min in precooled (-20°C) methanol. Fix for 2-5 min in precooled (-20°C) aceton.
- Air dry slide.
- Incubate for 1 h in humid chamber with primary at RT (or overnight at 2-8°C).
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubate for 30 min in humid chamber with appropriate dilution of secondary antibody (labelled e.g. with FITC, Cy2 or Cy3).
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Air dry slide.
- Apply mounting medium and cover with cover slip.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.