anti-DNA mouse monoclonal, AC-30-10, liquid, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for Dot Blots, ICC/IF and IHC
- Reacts with all species
- Isotype: IgM
|Application||Dot blot, ICC/IF, IHC|
|Purification||Size exclusion chromatography|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Double- and single-stranded DNA|
|Concentration||100 µg/ml (100 µg)
|Formulation||PBS pH 7.4 with 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||1:200 (0.5 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:10 (10 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:10 (10 µg/ml, microwave treatment recommended)|
|Dot Blot||Assay dependent (on nitrocellulose membrane, after baking at 70°C)|
AC-30-10 stains DNA present in the nuclei and the mitochondria of cells and tissues. It is also a reliable positive control in assays for detection of DNA antibodies, especially for the detection of autoantibodies in autoimmune diseases. Due to the high sensitivity it can also be used for the detection of mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures.
Binding characteristics: reacts with all forms of native and denatured DNA; reactive also with lambda DNA and synthetic DNA.
Tested cultured cell lines: XLKE-A6 (Xenopus), RVF-SMC, PTK-2, HeLa.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- The antibody is very well suited for the detection of mitochondrial DNA; it is extremely sensitive and the signal of mitochondrial DNA is much stronger as mtDNA is not packed as densely as the DNA in the nucleus. The antibody stains the DNA in the nucleus weaker as the mitochondrial DNA.
- For staining of the nucleus fixation with methanol/acetone (5 min in methanol (-20°C) and 5 min in acetone (-20°C)) is recommended.
- The antibody is also suitable to stain bacterial DNA or synthetic single stranded DNA.