anti-Glucagon guinea pig polyclonal, serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC on frozen and paraffin sections
- Reacts with cat, human
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Highly purified porcine pancreatic glucagon (Novo)|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide|
|Synonym||Pro-glucagon [Cleaved into: Glicentin; Glicentin-related polypeptide, GRPP; Oxyntomodulin, OXM, OXY; Glucagon; Glucagon-like peptide 1, GLP-1, Incretin hormone; Glucagon-like peptide 1(7-37, GLP-1(7-37; Glucagon-like peptide 1(7-36, GLP-1(7-36; Glucagon-like peptide 2, GLP-2], GCG|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:1,000-1:2,000|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:1,000-1:2,000 (microwave treatment recommended)|
Glucagon is a common constituent of endocrine pancreatic tumors and of rectal carcinoids. The antibody is specific to pancreatic glucagon.
Absorption with 10-100 ug glucagon per ml diluted antiserum abolishes the staining.
Positive control: Bouin-fixed paraffin sections of cat pancreas.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.
In guinea pigs the antibody concentration in serum varies from 10 to 20 mg/ml; specific antibodies represent normally about 0.1-1% of total IgG. Total protein concentration varies from 40 to 65 mg/ml, with the main constituent (about 60%) being albumin.