anti-Keratin K16 guinea pig polyclonal, serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC
- Reacts with human and mouse
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic peptide of human keratin K16 (formerly also designated cytokeratin 16; C-KE QSS SSF SQG QSS), coupled to KLH|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|Synonym||Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 16, Cytokeratin-16, CK-16, Keratin-16, K16, KRT16, KRT16A|
|Note||Centrifuge prior to opening|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:100-1:200|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:100-1:200 (microwave treatment recommended)|
MW 48,000 (pI 5.1) intermediate filament polypeptide, keratin K16, detected by immunohistochemistry in psoriatic skin, in the rete ridges of foot sole epidermis, in tongue, esophagus, exocervix and in squamous cell carcinoma of skin, tongue and cervix. In the hair follicle, staining was restricted to the outer root sheath.
Completely non-reactive were cells of non-stratified epithelia (e.g. liver, colon).
Positive control: rete ridges of human foot sole epidermis, psoriatic skin.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.
In guinea pigs the antibody concentration in serum varies from 10 to 20 mg/ml; specific antibodies represent normally about 0.1-1% of total IgG. Total protein concentration varies from 40 to 65 mg/ml, with the main constituent (about 60%) being albumin.