anti-Keratin K3 guinea pig polyclonal, serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC
- Reacts with human and mouse
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic peptide of human keratin K3 (formerly also designated cytokeratin 3; C-IKF SQS SQS SQR YSR), coupled to KLH|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|Synonym||Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 3, 65 kDa cytokeratin, Cytokeratin-3, CK-3, Keratin-3, K3, Type-II keratin Kb3, KRT3|
|Note||Centrifuge prior to opening|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:100-1:200|
MW 63,000 intermediate filament polypeptide, keratin K3, detected by immunohistochemistry in the cornea only. Useful as a marker for corneal type differentiation (positive for epithelial cells of cornea) and for studying corneal epithelial stem cells.
Positive control: human cornea.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.
In guinea pigs the antibody concentration in serum varies from 10 to 20 mg/ml; specific antibodies represent normally about 0.1-1% of total IgG. Total protein concentration varies from 40 to 65 mg/ml, with the main constituent (about 60%) being albumin.