anti-Keratin K6 (C-terminus) guinea pig polyclonal, serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC
- Reacts with human and mouse
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic peptide of human keratin K6 (C-SSTIKYTTTSS), coupled to KLH|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|UniprotID||P02538 (Human),P50446 (Mouse)|
|Synonym||Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 6A, Cytokeratin-6A, CK-6A, Cytokeratin-6D, CK-6D, Keratin-6A, K6A, Type-II keratin Kb6, allergen Hom s 5, KRT6A, K6A, KRT6D|
|Note||Centrifuge prior to opening|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:100-1:200|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:100-1:200 (microwave treatment recommended)|
In immunohistochemistry, the antibody detects keratin K6 in non-keratinized squamous epithelia, follicular outer root sheath and proliferating cells of epidermis (e.g. within psoriatic lesions). It is completely negative on non-stratified epithelia.
Suitable for discrimination of keratinizing and non-keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma versus e.g. poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma.
Reactive polypeptide: human type II (basic) keratin K6 (formerly also designated cytokeratin 6); MW 56,000 (pI 7.8).
Positive control: human psoriatic skin; rete ridges of foot sole.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.
In guinea pigs the antibody concentration in serum varies from 10 to 20 mg/ml; specific antibodies represent normally about 0.1-1% of total IgG. Total protein concentration varies from 40 to 65 mg/ml, with the main constituent (about 60%) being albumin.
- Purified, lyophilized
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with human, mouse and rat
- Isotype: IgG1