anti-Keratin K72 guinea pig polyclonal, serum
- Unpurified serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with human and mouse
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic peptide of human keratin K72 (formerly also designated K6irs2; SYKTAAADVKTKGSC), coupled to KLH|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|UniprotID||Q14CN4 (Human), Q6IME9 (Mouse)|
|Synonym||Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 72, Cytokeratin-72, CK-72, Keratin-72, K72, Type II inner root sheath-specific keratin-K6irs2, Type-II keratin Kb35, KRT72, K6IRS2, KB35, KRT6, KRT6IRS2|
|Note||Centrifuge prior to opening|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:100-1:200|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:2,000|
The antiserum stains specifically the cuticle layer of the inner root sheath (irs) of the hair follicle.
Although there is a considerable sequence homology of keratin K72 polypeptide to keratins K5 and K6, no cross-reactivity was observed with Western blotting and immunofluorescence microscopy.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.