anti-Keratin Pan mouse monoclonal, Lu-5, lyophilized, purified
- Purified, lyophilized
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC
- Reacts with bovine, chicken, human, mouse, pleurodeles, rat, snake and xenopus
- Isotype: IgG1
|Reactivity||Bovine, Chicken, Human, Mouse, Pleurodeles, Rat, Snake, Xenopus|
|Storage before reconstitution||2-8°C|
|Storage after reconstitution||Up to 3 months at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Cells of lung cancer cell line A549 and A2182|
|Concentration||50 µg/ml after reconstitution with 1 ml dist. water
|Formulation||Lyophilized; reconstitute in 1 ml dist. water (final solution contains 0.09% sodium azide, 0.5% BSA in PBS buffer, pH 7.4)|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||Assay dependent|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:10-1:20 (protease treatment and/or microwave treatment recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||Not applicable|
Lu-5 represents an excellent marker for all types of epithelia. Ideal marker for immunolocalization studies on frozen and paraffin embedded tissue. Useful for distinguishing carcinomas from non-epithelial tumors.
Tumors specifically detected: all epithelium-derived neoplasms.
Polypeptide reacting: Most keratins present in human epithelia (including keratins - formerly also designated cytokeratins -K1, K5, K6, K14, K18, K19) and most acidic (K31 - KK38) and basic (K81 - K86) hair keratins from human hair follicle. The antibody specifically detects a conformational epitope common to most keratins, but not to other intermediate filament polypeptides.
Reactivity on cultured cell lines: MCF-7, PLC, A-431, HeLa; PtK2, A6 (XLKE).
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.