anti-Major vault protein (MVP) mouse monoclonal, 1032, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ICC/IF, IHC, IP and WB
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ICC/IF, IHC, IP, WB|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Affinity purified nuclear extract proteins|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Synonym||Major vault protein, MVP, Lung resistance-related protein, MVP, LRP|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||1:100-1:200 (0.5-1.0 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM Tris with 1 mM EDTA pH 9.0 recommended)|
|Immunoprecipitation (IP)||Assay dependent|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
1032 is specific for the major vault protein, a 104-kDa highly conserved protein interacting with estrogen receptor. It is one of a series of four mAbs which recognize different epitopes of the protein. Major vault proteins have a complex morphology, including several small molecules of RNA, but a single protein species. The MVP accounts for >70% of their mass. Their shape is reminiscent of the nucleopore central plug. Treatment of cells with estradiol increases the amount of MVP in nuclear extract. The hormone-dependent interaction of vaults with ER is prevented in vitro by sodium molybdate. Antibodies to estrogen, progesterone and glucocorticoid receptors are able to co-immunoprecipitate the MVP. MVP is overexpressed in many neoplastic tissues and cell lines. Expression of MVP predicts a poor response to chemotherapy.
Positive control: MCF-7 or HeLa cells, breast cancer.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.