anti-Perilipin 1 (N-terminus) mouse monoclonal, PERI 112.17, liquid, purified, sample
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ICC/IF and IHC
- Reacts with human and mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic peptide of perilipin / PLIN1 (duplicated N-terminus of perilipin; aa 1-20)|
|Concentration||100 µg/ml (20 µg)
|Formulation||PBS buffer, pH 7.4 with 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|UniprotID||O60240 (Human), Q8CGN5 (Mouse)|
|Synonym||Perilipin-1, Lipid droplet-associated protein, PLIN1, PERI, PLIN|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||Assay dependent|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:200 (0.5 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:200 (0.5 µg/ml, microwave treatment recommended)|
Perilipins build a family of phosphoproteins. The predominant forms in adipocytes, PLIN1 A and B arise by alternative RNA splicing from a single gene, generating polypeptides of 57 kDa and 46 kDa, respectively. The N-terminus, however, remains unchanged.
The antibody reacts specifically with all PLIN1 variants located at the surface of intracellular storage lipid droplets present e.g. in the adrenal gland, sebaceous gland, adipocytes of white and brown adipose tissue and cultured cells such as 3T3-L1 adipocytes and cultured steroidogenic adrenal cortical and Leydig cells. It is also a useful pathological marker for steatogenesis e.g. in liver. It does not cross-react with adipophilin (ADRP, also named PLIN2) or TIP47 (also named PLIN3) proteins (or additional members of the PLIN/PAT-family, e.g. MLDP or OXPAT/PAT-1, also named PLIN5 or LSDP5).
Tested reactivity on cultured cell lines: several human carcinoma cell lines; 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.