anti-Retinol Binding Protein mouse monoclonal, G4E4, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, IHC and WB
- Reacts with goat, monkey, mouse, rabbit and rat
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ELISA, IHC, WB|
|Reactivity||Goat, Monkey, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||With human retinol binding protein purified from plasma|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:25-1:50 (2-4 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:25-1:50 (2-4 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:100-1:200 (0.5-1 µg/ml)|
G4E4 recognizes an epitope within the 74-182 C-terminal sequence (11kDa peptide fragment) of human serum Cellular Retinol Binding Protein 1 (CRBP 1), a single-chain glycoprotein belonging to the superfamily of hydrophobic molecule transporter proteins, which is responsible for transport of retinol (vitamin A1) from the liver to peripheral target tissues, like the eye, where it mediates the cellular uptake. CRBP 1 is synthesized by hepatic parenchymal cells where it becomes bound to its ligand retinol and is then released into the circulation, where it binds further to the protein transthyretin, to form a transporting complex, which is big enough not to be lost by filtration through the kidney glomeruli. It is detected in nearly all tissues with higher expression in adult ovary, pancreas, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, and fetal liver.
Positive control: liver.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.