anti-TGF-alpha mouse monoclonal, 1E8-G6, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, FACS, IHC and WB
- Reacts with human, rabbit and zebrafish
- Isotype: IgM kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ELISA, FACS, IHC, WB|
|Reactivity||Human, Rabbit, Zebrafish|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic TGF-alpha 34-43 decapeptide linked carrier|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||P01135 (Human), P98138 (Rabbit), Q7T011 (Zebrafish, Brachydanio rerio)|
|Synonym||Protransforming growth factor alpha [Cleaved into: Transforming growth factor alpha, TGF-alpha, EGF-like TGF, ETGF, TGF type 1], TGFA|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||0.5-1.0 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
1E8-G6 reacts with TGF-alpha and shows no cross-reaction with EGF and the neuropeptide synenkephalin. 1E8-G6 is completely blocked by the peptide used for immunization. TGF-alpha (aa50) is a growth factor with 33% homology to EGF, binds to EGFR, activates tyrosine phosphorylation of the receptor, and stimulates cell proliferation. It plays a role in tumor initiation by inducing the reversible transformed phenotype. In sections both cytoplasma and cell membranes are stained.
Positive control: Jurkat or Ramos cells, testicular carcinoma, breast cancer.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.