anti-Uroplakin III mouse monoclonal, AU1, liquid, purified, sample
- Purified, liquid, small
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with bovine, human, pig and rat
- Isotype: IgG1
|Reactivity||Bovine, Human, Pig, Rat|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Asymmetric unit membrane (AUM) preparation from bovine urinary bladder|
|Formulation||0.09% sodium azide, 0.5% BSA in PBS buffer, pH 7.4|
|UniprotID||Q864V4 (Bovine), Q9BT76 (Human), A0A4X1ULK0 (Pig), D3ZKW6 (Rat)|
|Synonym||Uroplakin-3b, UP3b, Uroplakin IIIb, UPIIIb, p35, UPK3B|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:20-1:60 (1.6-5 µg/ml; microwave treatment recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:4,000-1:20,000 (0.005-0.025 µg/ml)|
Mab AU1 reacts specifically with uroplakin III present in the superficial cell layer of the urothelium. The binding region has been localized on the extracellular part of the antigen. Together with the uroplakins UP Ia, UP Ib and UP II, uroplakin III contributes in constituting the asymmetrical unit membrane of the plaques of urothelial superficial (umbrella) cells. Uroplakin is a membrane glycoprotein (47 kDa) and has been shown to be a specific marker of terminal urothelial differentia-tion (Wu et al. 1993 & 1194).
Antibody AU1 strongly stains the urothelial surface membrane in paraffin sections of human renal pelvis, ureter, bladder, and urethra.
About 60% of human transitional cell carcinomas (including metastases) maintain focal (sometimes very limited) expression of uroplakin III. Until now, no uroplakin staining was found in any non-urothelial carcinoma (Moll et al. 1995).
Uroplakin III may thus serve as a specific urothelial differentiation marker in cases of metastatic carcinomas with unclear primary tumor.
Moll, R., Wu, X.-R., Lin, J.-H. & Sunt, T.-T. Uroplakins, Specific Membrane Proteins of Urothelial Umbrella Cells, as Histological Markers of Metastatic Transitional Cell Carcinomas. Am. J. Pathol. 147, 1383-1397 (1995).
Wu, X.-R. et al. Mammalian Uroplakins: A group of highly conserved urothelial differentiation-related membrane proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 269, 13716-13724 (1994).
Wu, X. R. & Sun, T. T. Molecular cloning of a 47 kDa tissue-specific and differentiation-dependent urothelial cell surface glycoprotein. J. Cell Sci. 106, 31-43 (1993).
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.