anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) mouse monoclonal, VEGF-21, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for FACS, ICC/IF and IHC
- Reacts with dog, human, mouse, rabbit and rat
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||FACS, ICC/IF, IHC|
|Reactivity||Dog, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Human VEGF189 recombinant protein|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:25-1:50 (2-4 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:25-1:50 (2-4 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||1-2 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
VEGF-21 reacts with Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, also known as Vascular Permeability Factor (VEGF/ VPF) and is the key mediator of angiogenesis. The MWs are 19-22kDa (reducing) and 38kDa-44kDa (non-reducing). There are multiple isoforms of VEGF containing 206-, 189-, 165-, and 121-amino acid residues. The smaller two isoforms, VEGF165 and VEGF121, are secreted proteins and act as diffusible agents, whereas the larger two remain cell associated. VEGF/VPF plays an important role in angiogenesis, which promotes tumor progression and metastasis. In addition to endothelial cells, VEGF and VEGF receptors are expressed on numerous non-endothelial cells including tumor cells.
Positive control: Astrocytomas, breast or ovarian carcinomas.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.