anti-Vimentin guinea pig polyclonal, lyophilized, purified
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, IHC and WB
- Reacts with human and mouse
|Application||ELISA, IHC, WB|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Concentration||50 µg/ml after reconstitution with 1 ml dist. water|
|Formulation||Lyophilized; reconstitute in 1 ml dist. water (final solution contains 0.09% sodium azide, 0.5% BSA in PBS buffer, pH 7.4)|
|UniprotID||P08670 (Human), P20152 (Mouse)|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:10-1:100 (0.5-5 µg/ml, microwave treatment recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:3,000 (0.02 µg/ml)|
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
- PVDF membranes show better results than nitrocellulose (higher capacity, allows for more stringent washing conditions in case of background problems).
- Use freshly prepared blocking solution (e.g. 5% nonfat dry milk, 0.05% Tween 20), block for at least 1 h at room temperature.
- Use the antibody in a higher dilution, but prolong incubation time and exposure time.
- Always use a fresh aliquot of the antibody.
- Do not repeatedly freeze the antibody (eventually centrifuge shortly after thawing to remove cryo-precipitates).
- Include an additional washing step.
You might also try more stringent wash conditions, e.g. add 0.5 M NaCl to the wash buffer.
- Always use a fresh aliquot of secondary antibody.
- In case you use ECL most the guinea pig antibody should be diluted further in order to get rid of the background.
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Purified, lyophilized
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ICC/IF, IHC and WB
- Reacts with amphibia, bovine, chicken, human, mouse and monkey
- Isotype: IgG2a