anti-p16 Protein mouse monoclonal, DCS-50, liquid, purified, sample
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ICC/IF, IHC and WB
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG1
|Application||ICC/IF, IHC, WB|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Immunogen||Recombinant human p16 protein|
|Concentration||100 µg/ml (20 µg)
|Formulation||PBS pH 7.4 with 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|Synonym||Putative protein CDKN2A-DT, CDKN2A antisense RNA 1, CDKN2A antisense gene protein 1, Protein CDKN2A-AS1, Susceptibility protein NSG-x, CDKN2A-DT, C9orf53, CDKN2A-AS1|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||Assay dependent|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:20-1:100 (1-5 µg/ml; microwave treatment recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:100-1:400 (0.25-1 µg/ml)|
p16 (CDKN2A, p16Ink4A), is key regulator of the cell cycle and involved in cell cycle control and cellular senescence. It is a specific inhibitor for Cdk4 and Cdk6 and binds to the phosphorylated Cdk-cyclin complex. A disruption of this pathway is commonly observed in cancer.
p16 is lost in the majority of tumor cell lines and in most primary tumors. It is not expressed in melanoma. In carcinoma driven by an HPV (human papilloma virus) infection, p16 is often overexpressed.
The antibody is especially useful for immunoprecipitation.
The epitope was localized within the 15 aa residues of the C-terminus of p16 protein.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with hamster, human, mouse, rabbit and rat
- Isotype: IgG2b
- Set provides anti-p62 antibody and associated western blot control - positively tested PLC cell lysate.
- The anti-p62 antibody is useful for research in ubiquitin-associated degradation and autophagy.
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for FACS, ICC/IF, IHC and WB
- Reacts with cat, dog, goat, guinea pig, horse, human, monkey, pig, rabbit and rat
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa