anti-Adrenomedullin (aa 1-6) guinea pig polyclonal, serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC on frozen sections
- Reacts with rat
|Quantity||100 µl (lyoph.)|
|Storage before reconstitution||2-8°C until indicated expiry date|
|Storage after reconstitution||Up to 3 months at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic rat adrenomedullin 1-6, conjugated to BSA|
|Formulation||Lyophilized; reconstitute in 100 µl dist. water|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:400 - 1:800|
Adrenomedullin is a potent vasorelaxing and hypotensive peptide, originally isolated from human pheochromocytoma. Adrenomedullin shares some homology with CGRP (calcitonin gene-related peptide). The antiserum was raised using synthetic peptides as immunogens. The antibody does not cross-react with CGRP.
Positive control: Stefanini-fixed frozen sections of rat fundus.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.