anti-Butyrophilin mouse monoclonal, 102.43, supernatant
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with bovine and human
- Isotype: IgG2a kappa
|Purification||Hybridoma cell culture supernatant|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Butyrophilin purified from bovine milk fat globule membrane|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||P18892 (Bovine),Q13410 (Human)|
|Synonym||Butyrophilin subfamily 1 member A1, BT, BTN1A1, BTN|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||Ready-to-use|
|Western Blot (WB)||Assay dependent|
The mab reacts specifically with butyrophilin, a unique 67 kD polypeptide present in lactating mammary gland epithelium and in the milk fat globule membrane (MFGM).
No cross-reaction with other MFGM proteins. The epitope has been localized on the N-terminal extracellular part of the protein, close to the transmembrane region.
Butyrophilins have recently been described as a new family of immunoregulators, similar to the co-stimulatory and co-inhibitory family of B7 molecules (Arnett & Viney, 2014).
Polypeptide reacting:Butyrophilin, 67 kD polypeptide; present in the apical membrane of lactating mammary epithelium and in MFGM.
Reactivity on cultured cell lines: Transfected cell line BMGE with butyrophilin cDNA.
Positive control: Milk fat globule membrane (MFGM).
Arnett HA & Viney JL: Immune modulation by butyrophilins. Nature Review Immunology 14, 559-569 (2014)
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.