anti-CD59 mouse monoclonal, Bra10G, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for FACS, ICC/IF and IHC
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG2b kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||FACS, ICC/IF, IHC|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||K-562 leukemia cells|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Synonym||CD59 glycoprotein, 1F5 antigen, 20 kDa homologous restriction factor, HRF-20, HRF20, MAC-inhibitory protein, MAC-IP, MEM43 antigen, Membrane attack complex inhibition factor, MACIF, Membrane inhibitor of reactive lysis, MIRL, Protectin, CD antigen CD59, CD59, MIC11, MIN1, MIN2, MIN3, MSK21|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||1:100-1:200 (0.5-1.0 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||0.5-1.0 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
CD59, or protectin, is a 18-22 kDa cell surface molecule on a GPI anchor. It regulates complement-mediated cell lysis and is supposed to protect normal and tumor cells from cytotoxic attack by homologous complement through binding to C8 and C9. CD59 is expressed on leukocytes, vascular epithelium, a variety of epithelial cells and placenta. B-cells express low levels. The expression of CD59 on erythrocytes is important for their survival. Genetic defects in GPI-anchor attachment, that cause a reduction or loss of CD59 and CD55 on erythrocytes produce the symptoms of the disease Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH). Bra10G was typed at the VIth International Workshop on human leucocyte differentiation antigens.
Positive control: Daudi, CEM, K562, HPB-ALL, Jurkat, Raji, human lymphocytes, human lymph node and tonsil.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.