anti-Interferon alpha 1 mouse monoclonal, 2-48, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, IHC and WB
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ELISA, IHC, WB|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||E. coli derived recombinant human interferon alpha 1|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Synonym||Interferon alpha-1/13, IFN-alpha-1/13, Interferon alpha-D, LeIF D, IFNA1, IFNA13|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
The alpha interferons are involved in virus resistance in target cells for these viruses. They are known to block cell proliferation and to regulate MHC class I antigen expression. The interferon alpha (IFN alpha) family has over 20 genes and pseudogenes in two families (I and II), one with a mature length of 166aa and one of 172aa. Cells producing IFN alpha are lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages and cell lines such as Namalwa and KGI. Bioassays for IFN alpha include cytopathic effect blocking by viruses such as VSV, SFV and BMCV on their target cells. A number of receptors for IFN alpha are now known and seem to be expressed on most cell types. 2-48 is specific for human IFN alpha 1 and does not cross react with human IFN alpha 2.
Positive control: human IFN alpha 1.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.