anti-Vimentin mouse monoclonal, VIM 3B4, prediluted, purified
- Purified, prediluted, ready-to-use for IHC
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC and WB
- Reacts with amphibia, bovine, dog, chicken, human and monkey
- Isotype: IgG2a
|Reactivity||Amphibia, Bovine, Chicken, Dog, Human, Monkey|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Vimentin purified from bovine lens|
|Formulation||PBS pH 7.4 with 0.5% BSA and 0.09% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||P48616 (Bovine), P09654 (Chicken), F1PLS4 (Dog, Canis familiaris), P08670 (Human)|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||Assay dependent|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||Ready-to-use|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||Ready-to-use (protease treatment and/or microwave treatment recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||Assay dependent|
The antibody is highly specific for the intermediate filament protein vimentin which is present in all cells of mesenchymal origin. VIM 3B4 has turned out to be the most avid mab to vimentin.
Polypeptide reacting: 57 kDa intermediate filament protein (vimentin) of mesenchymal cells.
Tumors specifically detected: sarcoma (including myosarcoma), lymphoma, melanoma.
The binding region of monoclonal antibody VIM3B4 has been characterized by Bohn et al.(1992). According to these authors, the epitope has been localized on the alpha-helical part of vimentin (rod domain coil 2). Due to an aa substitution at position of aa 353 in murine vimentin (that could explain for the weak cross-reaction of the antibody with murine vimentin) they were able to narrow down the binding region around position 353. These findings were confirmed by truncation mutagenesis experiments using human vimentin (Rogers et al., 1995).
Tested cultured cell lines: fibroblasts (SV-80).
Bohn W, Wiegers W, Beuttenmüller M, Traub P: Species-specific recognition patterns of monoclonal antibodies directed against vimentin. Exp Cell Res 201: 1-7 (1992).
Rogers KR, Eckelt A, Nimmrich V, Janssen K-P, Schliwa M, Herrmann H, Franke WW: Truncation mutagenesis of the non-alpha-helical carboxyterminal tail domain of vimentin reveals contributions to cellular localization but not to filament assembly. Eur J Cell Biol 66: 136-150 (1995).
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Whole cell lysate from SV80 human lung fibroblast (SV40-transformed) cell line
- Validated and tested western blot control for: anti-Vimentin mouse monoclonal antibody, VIM 3B4, Cat. No. 61013