anti-Keratin K71 guinea pig polyclonal, serum
Species/Reactant: Mus musculus (House mouse)
Image collected and cropped by CiteAb from the following publication, provided under a CC-BY licence.
- Unpurified serum
- Guinea pig polyclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with human and mouse
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic peptide of human keratin K71 (formerly also designated keratin K6irs1; C-GGE GRS RGS AND YKD T), coupled to KLH|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|UniprotID||Q3SY84 (Human), Q9R0H5 (Mouse)|
|Synonym||Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 71, Cytokeratin-71, CK-71, Keratin-71, K71, Type II inner root sheath-specific keratin-K6irs1, Keratin 6 irs, hK6irs, hK6irs1, Type-II keratin Kb34, KRT71, K6IRS1, KB34, KRT6IRS1|
|Note||Centrifuge prior to opening|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:100-1:200|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:2,000|
Specific for human keratin K71 (57.3 kDa polypeptide; calculated from sequence data). The antiserum stains specifically the Henle, Huxley and cuticle layer of the inner root sheath (irs) of the hair follicle.
Although there is a considerable sequence homology of keratin K71 to keratins K5 andK 6, no cross-reactivity was observed with Western blotting and immunofluorescence microscopy.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
- PVDF membranes show better results than nitrocellulose (higher capacity, allows for more stringent washing conditions in case of background problems).
- Use freshly prepared blocking solution (e.g. 5% nonfat dry milk, 0.05% Tween 20), block for at least 1 h at room temperature.
- Use the antibody in a higher dilution, but prolong incubation time and exposure time.
- Always use a fresh aliquot of the antibody.
- Do not repeatedly freeze the antibody (eventually centrifuge shortly after thawing to remove cryo-precipitates).
- Include an additional washing step.
You might also try more stringent wash conditions, e.g. add 0.5 M NaCl to the wash buffer.
- Always use a fresh aliquot of secondary antibody.
- In case you use ECL most the guinea pig antibody should be diluted further in order to get rid of the background.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation: Immerse slide in precooled (-20°C) methanol for 5 min, immerse in precooled (-20°C) acetone for 30-60 sec, let specimen air dry before antibody incubation.
- Methanol/ acetone fixation plus detergent permeabilization: After methanol/ acetone fixation and air-drying dip slide either in a solution containing 0.1-0.2% Triton X-100 in PBS or in 0.1% saponin in PBS for 1-5 min at room temperature (enhances accessibility of many cytoskeletal antigens).
- Air-drying of the section.
- Block with the serum of the species in which the secondary antibody was raised for 30 min.
- Incubation with 1st antibody 1 h at RT in moist chamber.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Incubation with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibody, 30-60 min at RT.
- Wash 3x with PBS.
- Immerse shortly into ethanol.
- Let air dry.
- Cover with mounting medium.